Student Affiliates have:
Access to Members’ only content e.g. documents, committee information, Members list
Access to the Royal College of Physicians Library and Information Centre
Access to Royal College of Physicians Accommodation
Access to FFLM member rate for courses and conferences
Access to FFLM weekly News Bulletin
Student Affiliate Membership with the Faculty entitles the individual to the full range of academic, educational and other facilities available to full Members. The distinction is that Student Affiliate Members do not have voting rights and are not able to use their Student Affiliate Membership as a designator.Description of Benefits
Eligibility & Application
Student Affiliate Membership with the Faculty is open to those who:
1. are full-time students enrolled at an accredited university
2. are studying in a field and at an educational institution that the Board determines is appropriate for the purpose of Student Affiliate Membership.
If you meet the requirements, you can complete the online form below for consideration at the next Membership & Fellowship Committee (MFC). The submission closing dates are available for each meeting held during the year.
For the MFC to approve your application, you then need accept and sign a Form of Faith, and make your subscription payment, and then your membership will be shared with the Board for ratification to complete the process.
The usual subscription year commences in July and concludes at the end of the following June.
MSc in Forensic Medical Sciences students
Some MSc in Forensic Medical Sciences students will have their first year of FFLM membership arranged and funded by their school and should check the student handbook before applying.
This type of membership varies slightly from that described above:
- membership period commences in October and concludes at the end of the following September
- the school arranges the application process and students will be notified of their membership details
- if a student wishes to renew at the end of the student year in September, their subsequent subscription will commence in October and conclude the following June, to bring the subscription year in line with rest of the FFLM renewals and will be charged pro rata
Application fee – £0
UK Annual Membership – £27
Overseas Annual Membership – £27