The FFLM, supported by NHSE&I, has run three courses on the Forensic Aspects of Adult Safeguarding in 2021/2022 to support experienced practitioners who are keen to learn or improve their skills in documenting injuries and writing reports for the purposes of an adult safeguarding enquiry.
A Forensic Adult Safeguarding Group has been established and at the first meeting in May 2021 developed the following terms of reference:
- To provide time for discussion of cases in a relaxed, nonthreatening environment.
- To share professional experience.
- To review cases to ensure appropriate evidence-based management.
- To view photo-documentation accompanying the case presentation.
- To provide an opportunity for emotional support.
- To provide training for clinicians
- To help identify areas for additional training for the group and/or individuals concerned.
- To stimulate ideas for audit and/or research
Future meeting dates of the Forum are:
- Wednesday 06 December 2023 – 13:00 to 14:00
- Wednesday 27 March 2024 – 13:00 to 14:00
- Wednesday 12 June 2024 – 13:00 to 14:00
- Wednesday 18 September 2024 – 13:00 to 14:00
- Wednesday 04 December 2024 – 13:00 to 14:00
The group welcomes all members of the FFLM to attend with any adult safeguarding queries for discussion.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com.
Resources as below are being developed for those who are involved in or may be interested in, this field of practice to support collaborative working in this area of practice.