Adult Safeguarding Hub
The FFLM, supported by NHS E&I, has run two courses (spring and autumn) on the Forensic Aspects of Adult Safeguarding in 2021 to support experienced practitioners who are keen to learn or improve their skills in documenting injuries and writing reports for the purposes of an adult safeguarding enquiry. A Forensic Adult Safeguarding Group has been established and at the first meeting in May developed the following terms of reference:
- To provide time for discussion of cases in a relaxed, nonthreatening environment.
- To share professional experience.
- To review cases to ensure appropriate evidence-based management.
- To view photo-documentation accompanying the case presentation.
- To provide an opportunity for emotional support.
- To provide training for clinicians
- To help identify areas for additional training for the group and/or individuals concerned.
- To stimulate ideas for audit and/or research
Resources as below are being developed for those who are involved in, or may be interested in, this field of practice to support collaborative working in this area of practice.
Useful FFLM PublicationsView all publications
3 May 2020
Recommendations – Child Safeguarding: Information Sharing Guidance for Healthcare Professionals working in Police Custody
12 January 2022
Recommendations for the Collection of Forensic Specimens from Complainants and Suspects
12 January 2022
Recommendations for the Collection of Forensic Specimens from Complainants and Suspects – the evidence