The FFLM, in conjunction with Ulster University, has an in-depth e-learning programme to assist candidates in their preparation for the following examinations:
- The Diploma of Legal Medicine (DLM)
- Part 1 Membership of the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (MFFLM)
- Licentiate of the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine in Sexual Offence Medicine (LFFLM – SOM)
- Part 2 Membership of the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (MFFLM) in Sexual Offence Medicine
The content of the modules will also support colleagues working in forensic medicine and other specialties. They may also be of interest to others e.g. coroners, dentists, lawyers.
The overall aim of these e-learning courses is to provide an academically challenging and vocationally relevant education for doctors, health care professionals and other individuals who wish to study Forensic and Legal Medicine at a higher level and obtain a relevant qualification in the subject.
Study at home
E-learning courses are delivered fully online and offer flexibility, enabling you to study at your own pace, any place and any time.
All that is needed to access the e-learning resources is a computer or device with an internet connection and a browser.
The courses are modular ones (set out below) and cover the whole of the DLM and MFFLM Part 1 syllabuses and the whole LFFLM and MFFLM Part 2 (SOM) syllabuses. However, further reading and study is essential to pass any of these examinations.
- FFLM Exam Guidance
- Structure of healthcare delivery in the UK
- Regulation of HCPs
- Sources of Law and Legal Systems
- Criminal Law – an introduction
- Criminal Law – Sexual Offences in the UK
- Criminal Law – Police Powers
- Criminal Law – Murder and Manslaughter
- Civil Law
- Philosophical Medical Ethics and Medical Ethics in Practice
- Children and Young People
- Death and Dying
- Mental Health Law
- Report Writing and Giving Evidence
- Principles of examination: initial contact and exam
- Principles of examination: Documentation and disclosure
- Principles of examination: Aftercare and Safeguarding
- Forensic Sampling
- Genital Anatomy and injury interpretation (children)
- Genital Anatomy and injury interpretation (adults)
- Contraception and Sexually Transmitted Infections
The newly updated e-learning modules were launched on 07 May 2019.
The course fee is £850.00 for 12 months access, and new applications can be processed via this link: