Welcome to the FFLM
What is the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine?
The FFLM is a charity set up to develop and maintain the highest possible standards of competence and professional integrity in forensic and legal medicine.
The specialty covers doctors working in three related disciplines: forensic medical practitioners (forensic physicians, forensic pathologists, sexual assault examiners, and child physical and sexual assault examiners); medico-legal advisers; and medically qualified coroners.
We offer information for the following:
- Members of the public wanting to know more about forensic and legal medicine
- Anyone interested in attending conferences and educational events
- Doctors seeking training and qualifications in forensic and legal medicine
- Medical students considering a career in forensic and legal medicine
- Faculty members
- To apply to become an Affiliate member of the Faculty, please go to the Faculty Tab, and complete our online application form.