Welcome to the FFLM
What is the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine?
The FFLM is a charity set up to develop and maintain the highest possible standards of competence and professional integrity in forensic and legal medicine.
The specialty covers doctors working in three related disciplines: forensic medical practitioners (forensic physicians, forensic pathologists, sexual assault examiners, and child physical and sexual assault examiners); medico-legal advisers; and medically qualified coroners.
We offer information for the following:
- Members of the public wanting to know more about forensic and legal medicine
- Anyone interested in attending conferences and educational events
- Doctors seeking training and qualifications in forensic and legal medicine
- Medical students considering a career in forensic and legal medicine
- Faculty members
- To apply to become an Affiliate member of the Faculty, please go to the Faculty Tab, and complete our online application form.
FFLM Annual Conference
16th May 2014 - 17th May 2014
Queen Hotel, City Road, Chester CH1 3AH
The 2014 FFLM Annual Conference and AGM will take place at the Queen Hotel, Chester. Further details coming soon!
Date submitted : 2013-05-14Read More...
FFLM Revalidation Committee - new members needed!
12th November 2013
Date submitted : 2013-11-12Read More...
Specialty guidance on supporting information for revalidation – your feedback required
3rd October 2013
Date submitted : 2013-10-03Read More...
Message from the FFLM President on the GMC non-responders letter
26th September 2013
Date submitted : 2013-09-26Read More...
Press Release: Recommendations - Taser®: Clinical Effects and Management of Those Subjected to Taser® Discharge
24th September 2013
Date submitted : 2013-09-20
Update 25/10/13: The Health Effects of Conducted Energy Weapons has been published by the Council of Canadian Academies.