Strangulation And Suffocation: Introduction To The New Offence For England And Wales
NHS England are funding free online training on the new offence of Strangulation and Suffocation on Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 June 2022 from 13:00 to 16:30.
The new offence of Strangulation and Suffocation (included in the Domestic Abuse Act) is due to come into force in June 2022. England and Wales are teaming up with the American Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention who have been working on this issue for twenty years to help get the new offence implemented effectively.
The training will include contributions from:
- Nicole Jacobs, Domestic Abuse Commissioner;
- Kate Davies CBE, NHS England’s National Director of Health and Justice;
- Louisa Rolfe OBE, National Police Chiefs Council Lead for Domestic Abuse;
- Dr Cath White OBE, Sexual Offence Medicine Lead for Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine;
- Joanna Evans, Barrister, Deputy District Judge and Recorder of the Crown Court.
To register for the training, please click here.