FFLM Course in General Forensic Medicine – October 2023
We will be running our five day Course in General Forensic Medicine (accredited by Teesside University) from Monday 16 to Friday 20 October 2023.
The course is for newly appointed or prospective forensic physicians, nurses and paramedics and leads to the University Certificate in Postgraduate Professional Development (UCPPD) in General Forensic Medicine.
The course is delivered via a mix of face to face and remote learning. There will be two days of face to face teaching (on Monday and Tuesday) and the rest of the course will be delivered remotely. The face to face training will take place in London (venue TBC).
The course covers the following five modules:
– Module 1: Role of the Healthcare Professional (HCP) working in a multidisciplinary team; Personal safety and conflict resolution; Consent, confidentiality and ethics; Safeguarding.
– Module 2: Fitness to detain, transfer and record-keeping; Fitness to interview and charge; Administering medication; Assessment of mental health and fitness to release.
– Module 3: Traffic medicine – procedures under the Road Traffic Acts; Substance use disorders; forensic science and sampling.
– Module 4: Documentation, interpretation and management of injuries; Management of alleged restraint injuries; HCP at the scene of death; Death in custody and the Independent Investigation of Deaths in Custody.
– Module 5: Statement writing; The Court system.
The course is assessed in two areas:
– Court Room Presentation undertaken during the taught element of the course on Friday 20 October 2023;
– Reflective case study (2000 word essay to be submitted four weeks after the course).
To book your place, please click “Continue to booking” on the right-hand side. Please note that spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Those who attend the FFLM Course in General Forensic Medicine are eligible for a 10% discount on FFLM membership fees for the first year (if they choose to join).
If you have any questions, please contact Tessa.email@example.com.
Please note that this course will run subject to demand and all bookings are accepted on the understanding that the training will only be delivered if it attracts the required minimum number of attendees.
We recommend you purchase insurance for any travel/accommodation you book in order to attend the course. We are unable to refund any travel/accommodation booked if the course does not go ahead.
Where a course is cancelled due to insufficient numbers we will notify you by email 14 days before the intended event date and will refund all fees paid, direct to the relevant credit or debit card.