FFLM Course in General Forensic Medicine – October 2022
We will be running our five day Course in General Forensic Medicine (accredited by Teesside University) from Monday 17 to Friday 21 October 2022.
The course is for newly appointed or prospective forensic physicians, nurses and paramedics and leads to the University Certificate in Postgraduate Professional Development (UCPPD) in General Forensic Medicine.
Due to the current pandemic, we are altering the way we deliver the course.
We are planning to run one day of face to face teaching (on the Monday) and deliver the rest of the course remotely. The face to face training will take place in London at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
Due to the current circumstances, we cannot guarantee that the course will be able to go ahead. If the course has to be postponed any fees paid will either be refunded or transferred to a future course.
The course covers the following five modules:
– Module 1: Role of the Healthcare Professional (HCP) working in a multidisciplinary team; Personal safety and conflict resolution; Consent, confidentiality and ethics; Safeguarding.
– Module 2: Fitness to detain, transfer and record-keeping; Fitness to interview and charge; Administering medication; Assessment of mental health and fitness to release.
– Module 3: Traffic medicine – procedures under the Road Traffic Acts; Substance use disorders; forensic science and sampling.
– Module 4: Documentation, interpretation and management of injuries; Management of alleged restraint injuries; HCP at the scene of death; Death in custody and the Independent Investigation of Deaths in Custody.
– Module 5: Statement writing; The Court system.
The course is assessed in two areas:
– Court Room Presentation undertaken during the taught element of the course on Friday 21 October 2022;
– Reflective case study (2000 word essay to be submitted four weeks after the course).
To book your place, please click “Continue to booking” on the right-hand side. Please note that spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions, please contact Tessa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this course will run subject to demand and all bookings are accepted on the understanding that the training will only be delivered if it attracts the required minimum number of attendees.
We recommend you purchase insurance for any travel / accommodation you book in order to attend the course. We are unable to refund any travel / accommodation booked if the course does not go ahead.
Where a course is cancelled due to insufficient numbers we will notify you by email 14 days before the intended event date and will refund all fees paid, direct to the relevant credit or debit card.